Technology, Media and Telecommunications (TMT)
Davies Collison Cave has extensive experience in the field of technology, media and telecommunications (TMT) advice. This area of the practice focuses upon representing industry stakeholders seeking to develop, market, resell and distribute technology products, together with public and private sector organisations seeking to acquire goods or services in the technology field.
The team has long standing experience in advising on the full range or legal services affecting the TMT industry, including contract negotiation, commercialisation, dispute resolution and deal structuring, together with related legal areas such as competition law, consumer protection law, data protection law and the full range of intellectual property issues. In many matters we interact with experts from other fields within DCC to ensure the appropriate expert is assigned to every client matter.
Our team can assist with:
- Negotiating and drafting all types of IT contracts, including hardware and software agreements, consultancy agreements, distribution and marketing agreements, research and collaboration agreements and outsourcing agreements
- drafting and negotiating all forms of consultancy agreements, including time and materials agreements, scoping agreements, penetration testing agreements, project alliance agreements, data analysis agreements and helpdesk agreements
- advising on employment, contractor and subcontractor issues relating to the technology, media and telecommunications industries
- advising on online sales transactions, including related consumer law and data transfer issues where international parties are involved
- advising government agencies, and entities interacting with government agencies, in relation to compliance with government purchasing requirements
- interacting with our commercialisation experts to facilitate and enforce appropriate trade mark, design and patent protection
- interacting with our litigation team to enforce copyright protection in relation to source code and other technology products
- participating in all forms of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) affecting technology transactions