Privacy and Data Protection
Davies Collison Cave has extensive experience in advising on privacy and data protection issues. Our team members have advised clients in the public and private sectors on the full range of privacy and data protection issues which commonly confront businesses, governments and foreign corporations in Australia.
Our team can assist with advice on:
- compliance with Australian federal privacy law and regulations
- Australian State and Territory privacy law and regulations
- compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles
- data collection statements
- direct marketing rights and obligations
- trans-border data flow issues
- data protection compliance by overseas corporations
- privacy regulation affecting the health industry
- credit reporting rights and obligations
- conduct of privacy impact assessments
- protection of trade secrets
- protection of confidential information
- handling of tax file numbers
- spam law compliance
- telemarketing law compliance
Dr Gordon Hughes is the author of three texts on the subject and has been a member of a range of government and industry law reform and advisory bodies.
Whenever appropriate, we interact with our colleagues in other areas of DCC, particularly where information can be protected by registered trade marks, designs or patents, or where litigation emerges as an appropriate option.