Commercialisation and Licensing of Patents
Davies Collison Cave Law has extensive experience in protecting and commercialising your valuable patent rights.
We understand our clients' commercial goals and provide innovative, tailored advice from the time parties are preparing to engage in research or innovative activities through to the management and commercialisation of the results of that research or activity.
Our commercialisation and licensing patent services
The depth of expertise of our commercial team arises from years of experience in legal issues surrounding commercialisation of intellectual property rights.
Our patent commercialisation and licensing team can assist with:
- negotiation and drafting of all types of patent related commercial agreements such as co-development agreements, research agreements and joint ownership agreements
- advice, negotiation and preparation of confidentiality agreements, material transfer agreements, consultancy agreements and clinical trial agreements
- undertaking due diligence and audits
- advice on issues relating to the ownership and exploitation of patents and the structuring of patent related transactions
- advice on competition issues, both restrictive business practices and consumer protection, including trade practices audits and advice
- development of internal patent management strategies
- evaluation and packaging of technology rights (including patent rights with confidential information, designs, copyright and trade marks), and the negotiation and preparation of licenses and assignments
- advice, negotiation and preparation of joint venture arrangements, franchise and distribution agreements and sale of business arrangements
- identifying and approaching potential commercial partners for your technology or products.
Our commercialisation and licensing clients
Davies Collision Cave Law represents a broad range of Australian and international clients. The multi-disciplinary nature of our team enables us to understand our clients and to tailor our advice to meet their specific needs. Our clients range from inventors and SMEs to universities, research institutions and multinational companies.
Our Commercial Group has recently prepared documentation for the commercialisation of a variety of patented technologies in China, ranging from infant formula to water treatment plants. The Group has also been involved in setting up the business structure and documentation for the commercialisation of patented brake technology and the licensing of that technology on a worldwide basis.