Commercialisation and Licensing
Davies Collison Cave Law has extensive experience in protecting, commercialising and enforcing your valuable intellectual property rights and in managing all types of intellectual property disputes. We understand our clients' commercial goals and provide innovative, tailored advice.
The depth of expertise of our commercial team arises from their years of experience in all legal issues surrounding the commercialisation of intellectual property rights.
Our team can assist with:
- the negotiation and drafting of all types of commercial agreements including research and development agreements, distribution agreements, licences, assignments and the agreements involved in joint ventures, franchises and the sale of a business
- conducting intellectual property due diligence and intellectual property audits
- issues relating to the ownership, exploitation and structuring of transactions for intellectual property, including patents, trade marks, copyright, designs, and confidential information
- advice on competition issues, both restrictive trade practices and consumer protection, and assistance with trade practices audits and advice
- development of internal intellectual property management strategies
- evaluating and packaging technology rights (including patent, design, copyright and trade mark), and negotiating and preparing licenses for their assignment
- advice, negotiation and preparation of confidentiality agreements, research agreements, material transfer agreements, consultancy agreements and clinical trial agreements
- identifying and approaching potential commercial partners for your technology or products
- branding strategies and trade mark protection.
The Commercial Group has considerable experience in preparing copyright related agreements. In particular, Agreements relating to the development and commercialisation of software.